While many websites run ads on their websites to produce a substantial amount of revenue. These ads may be static ads, video ads, audio clips, and pop-up ads. In fact, some of these ads sometimes are so much annoying, even malicious, commonly pop-up ads when appearing frequently on your phone screen.
Luckily, you can block these ads on your android phone, there are several ways to do that. In this article, I’ll show you how to block ads on an android phone in three different ways.
How to Block pop-up ads on Google Chrome
If you use Google Chrome as your default web browser then there is a way to turn off ads on your phone. By changing some of the Google Chrome settings you can get rid of malicious and misleading ads. Follow the below steps on your phone.
1. Open up Google Chrome on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of your phone
3. Tap on the Settings option
4. Scroll down to the Site settings option and tap on it
5. Go to Pop-ups and redirects and turn on the toggle button
6. Now go back to the Site settings and tap on Ads
7. Turn on the toggle button
How to Block Ads on Android Using Private DNS
Another way to block ads on Android is by changing the DNS. You can stop ads from your Android without gaining root access and it is possible with the private DNS option of Android. The private DNS allows users to set a particular DNS server for WiFi and Mobile Networks. All you have to do is to switch to the Adgaurd DNS.
Adgaurd DNS is a reliable way of blocking ads without installing any application but it requires Android 9 Pie and above. It is free, easy to use, and compatible with every device. Follow the below steps on your Android phone.
1. Go to Settings
2. In the search bar on the top, search for Private DNS, and you’ll be landed on the relevant page.
Another way to access is to Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Private DNS.
3. Tap on the Private DNS and choose the Private DNS provider hostname option.
4. Type in ‘dns.adguard.com’ and hit Save.
That’s it, you’ll no longer see any pop-up ads, banner ads, or other ads on a web browser. Adguard won’t block all ads but it blocks the ads that are most annoying and malicious.
Install Ad-blocking Browser or Ad-Blocking Extensions
Since Google Chrome does not support ad-blocker extensions on a mobile phone. You can remove ads during web browsing by installing another third-party web browser for android. Some of the best browsers that have integrated ad-blocker available are Firefox, Samsung Internet, Opera, and Brave.
Samsung Internet has a built-in extension store for mobile users to download ad-blocker.
1. Is t Possible to Block Ads in Android Apps?
Yes, certain apps allow you to modify settings to stop showing ads. However, many apps won’t allow you to do that because ads are means for app developers to earn money. So you’ll have to check if the app you use allows you to stop showing ads.
2. What are some of the best ad blockers for Android?
Below are some of the best ad blockers for Android.
- AdBlock Plus
3. Why I am Getting Ads on my Phone all of a sudden?
Ads have nothing to do with your phone. It appears because of the third-party apps installed on your phone. The easiest way to find the app that causes pop-up ads is to use the recent app’s key. When a pop-up ad appears on your phone tap on the recent apps, and it will show you the annoying app.