WhatsApp, owned by Meta, is constantly upgrading its private messaging platform by adding new features and enhancing user-friendliness. The most recent update enables users to easily link or log in to WhatsApp Web without the need for a QR code.
This update aims to simplify the process of adding additional devices to your WhatsApp account. To use this feature, users have to enter their primary phone number and the WhatsApp will generate a one-time 8-character code.
Previously, to connect to WhatsApp Web, users had to scan a QR code with their primary device. However, the procedure has now been simplified. Users can access WhatsApp Web by entering their phone number and a one-time code given by the platform.
Furthermore, WhatsApp Web now allows up to four devices to be linked without requiring a constant connection to the primary phone. To retain connectivity with the linked devices, customers must log in to their primary phone every 14 days.
To make use of the “Link with phone number” feature, follow these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your Desktop.
- Select the “Link with phone number” option.
- Enter your primary account phone number after selecting your country.
- Click “NEXT.”
- The screen will display an 8-character code.
- You’ll receive a notification on your mobile phone, click on “Confirm” and enter the 8-character code
By following these steps, you can effortlessly link your accounts to WhatsApp Web on any compatible desktop device.